informXL 2022 Upgrade Overview
Updated: December 19th, 2022
Step 1 – Prerequisite Call: Upgrade Overview, Technical Requirements Documentation Review & Scheduling of Upgrade Date (Upgrade Date is contingent upon full completion of Step 2 requirements).
o Installation Requirements SQL Server
o Installation Requirements Analyzer
NOTE: If providing temporary access, the informXL credentials must be available for 3 days starting on the day before the scheduled upgrade date.
• Step 2 – informXL Authentication/Drive Space Confirmation: On the day before the scheduled upgrade date, we will test all RDP connection requirements & review the available drive space. We will deliver the informXL Ribbon and/or 1 test-file to confirm the Excel add-in is loading properly. Once all prereqs listed below are set, we’ll confirm your upgrade date.
1. RDP connection via a VPN or restricted IP
2. SQL Server login with Sysadmin rights
3. Access to a Licensed Microsoft Office account
4. Ability to modify files
5. Minimum disk space: current Datamart database size + 10% or 50 GB (whichever is larger; applies only to Datamart)
• Step 3 – Upgrade: The Analyzer + Datamart upgrade(s) are scheduled Monday’s – Wednesday’s, between the hours of 9:00am – 3:00p EST, and take approximately 2 hours to complete. There is zero interruption to your NEWSTAR environment during this time. If Step 2 requirements are not met prior to your scheduled upgrade, the upgrade will be cancelled, and you will be rescheduled in the next available slot after all requirements have been met.
o informXL Analyzer: The Analyzers will be delivered, configured + tested, and available for use immediately following the upgrade.
o informXL Datamart: The Datamart can take up to 24 hours to populate all the tables. Datamart use will be available the day after your upgrade date.
To determine the size of the informXL_dm database and the space available to meet the disk space requirement above, run the following queries in SSMS against the master database and send results to your informXL Support contact:
—Returns free disk space with drive letters…(run in master)
SELECT DISTINCT DB_NAME(dovs.database_id) DBName,dovs.logical_volume_name AS LogicalName, dovs.volume_mount_point AS Drive,CONVERT(INT,(dovs.available_bytes/1048576.0)/1024) AS FreeSpaceInGB FROM sys.master_files mf CROSS APPLY sys.dm_os_volume_stats(mf.database_id, mf.FILE_ID) dovs where DB_NAME(dovs.database_id) = ‘informXL_dm’
–Size of informXL_dm database (run in master)
;with dbsize as (select database_id, type, (size * 8.0 / 1024) / 1024 size from sys.master_files) select name, (select convert(decimal(8,2), sum(size)) from dbsize where type = 0 and dbsize.database_id = db.database_id) DataFileSizeInGB, (select convert(decimal(8,2), sum(size)) from dbsize where type = 1 and dbsize.database_id = db.database_id) LogFileSizeInGB from sys.databases db where name = ‘informXL_dm’