informXL SQL Server Installation Requirements
Updated: November 23rd, 2021
Applicable to: informXL versions 2022.0.0 and higher
- Constellation NEWSTAR v2020.04.05 or higher, SQL Server edition
- SQL Server 2016, 2017 or 2019
- SQL Server minimum drive space: For new installations or Analyzer-only upgrades, a minimum of 50GB is required. For existing Datamart upgrades, a minimum of your current Datamart database + 10% or 50GB (whichever is larger) is required.
- SQL Server login with sysadmin rights
Connecting to your Servers
The informXL SQL Server installation will be performed by an informXL Support Analyst and will require
remote access to your SQL Server instance. The most common way for us to connect to your servers is
via Microsoft Remote Desktop or Citrix Metaframe. Our login will require access to the following:
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server login with sysadmin rights. This will allow us to create databases, establish the
required SQL Users, and create and configure SQL Server Agent Jobs.
What Gets Installed or Updated
- Database 1: “informXL” (Analyzer application database)
- Database 2: “informXL_dm” (Datamart data warehouse database)
- Database 3 (optional): “informXL_proto” (Analyzer application test database)
- SQL Server Agent Jobs
- SQL Logins for application and informXL administration. For more details on installed SQL Logins
please see document “informXL System Security Summary”.